There are many benefits to having an expert assist you with your application. The Team at Ile-Iwe Education is one of the best out there and they can deliver an excellent job.
Do you want to study in the world’s most educated country? Three Canadian universities have made the world’s top 100 list of universities. The country has some of the highest-quality educational institutions in the world.
Studying in Canada can be a smart choice not only when it comes to improving your resume but also when it comes to advancing your career. An educational qualification from Canada can help you establish yourself in the professions, whether you live in Canada, internationally, or at home.
Canada values talented individuals so much that it has created both federal and provincial graduate programs to help talented students stay in Canada and gain work experience that leads to permanent residency.
Canada Study Programs
Irrespective of whether you are looking for a place to either live and study in Canada or work part-time as an international student, Canada is an excellent choice. The country hosts a variety of programs to facilitate Canadian education, including universally acclaimed educational institutions and a strong public schooling system. There may be a student grant available to you in Canada or you might even qualify for an international scholarship.
How Can I Become an International Student in Canada?
Canada continues to attract more international students every year. Many of these students can stay in Canada after they complete their studies.
The visa officer has full discretion when approving a Canadian study permit.
Over 400,000 international students got admitted to universities in Canada last year. Most of those students came from France, Nigeria, China, Japan, South Korea, the United States, Brazil, Iran, India, and Vietnam.
The Canadian government places a high priority on the diversity of international students. A new International Education Strategy (IES) called Building on Success was launched in 2019.
Over the next five years, the government plans to spend $147.9 million on this project.
Our International Student Program can help you improve your chances of success.
The application process includes the following steps:
- Choosing a program is one of the most important aspects of your application. If you want to study a program in Canada, you will need to make a strong case for why you should be admitted. Rankings are based on your work experience and educational background. A successful application will be more likely to be submitted if you follow these steps.
- We will assist you with preparing and submitting your application after you select a program. The only way to apply for a study permit is with an acceptance letter from a Canadian designated learning institution (DLI).
- Once you have received your acceptance letter, you can apply for a study permit. Your application will be prepared and submitted by our team to Canadian immigration.
Documents required for a Canadian study permit/
To apply, certain documents are required. You will be required to submit the documents listed below.
School acceptance letter: A letter stating you have been accepted to your program.
Proof of Financial Support: Evidence you have money to support yourself and any family members you are bringing with you. The applicant must demonstrate that they can cover their tuition fees and the cost of living in Canada during their first year.
Documents of identification: Birth certificates, marriage certificates, and passports.
Canadian Study Permit
You need a Canadian study permit to study in Canada.
You can apply for a study permit to study in Canada once you have been accepted into a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
Can I study without a permit?
You will need a study permit if you plan to study in Canada for longer than six months. Normally, the study permit lasts for the duration of your program plus 90 additional days. You will not require a study permit if your program is less than six months long, but you may want to apply for one anyway since it will allow you to earn some extra cash and work both on and off-campus. As an international student, you will need a work permit if you do not have a study permit.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, all international students in Canada are required to obtain a study permit or a visa, regardless of the duration of the program.
Application Process for a Canadian Study Permit
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Students need to fulfill several requirements before they can study in Canada.
- Proof of acceptance from your Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- Proof of Financial Support: Ensure you have enough money to cover your tuition, living expenses, and return transportation (for yourself and any family members who will accompany you).
- Proof of identity – passport and two passport-sized photos
Step 2: Start your application
You can begin your study permit application if you meet all eligibility requirements. Be certain that you have gathered all the necessary documentation for your country. Your application may be rejected if you do not meet the requirements. Before you submit your application, it is a good idea to have a qualified immigration representative review it.
- A letter explaining why you want to study in Canada;
- A certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) – if you want to study in Quebec
- A custodian declaration (minors only)
- Police certificate;
- Medical exams;
- Language testing;
Your application can be submitted in two ways:
- The IRCC website allows applicants to create an account and complete the application electronically. You can also submit scanned or electronic copies of supporting documents
- You can also submit your application by mail. Gather your hard copies of your documents and mail them to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) assigned to your country.
You will receive a letter of introduction when you are approved for a student visa. Once you arrive in Canada, you will need to present this document to the official who will issue you your study permit. An eTA or temporary resident visa will also be automatically issued to you. Make sure you also have all the required and additional supporting documents with you in case they are required at your port of entry.
What is the processing time for my visa application?
The typical processing time for study permits is approximately 15 weeks, but a faster option is available if you qualify for the Student Direct Stream (SDS).